Wednesday, July 11, 2007


I know it's been a while. I have done a couple blogs on my Shoutlife page. My Uncle Jack (pictured here) went on hospice the second week of June. I was able to drive down with my Uncle Dave to spend a few days with him. The last thing I said to him Saturday morning was "I hope to see you on the other side" and he whispered "you will". He passed away June 18. My mom called me early that morning to let me know and I wasn't up yet. Sue and Steven had gone to MCYC and I was sleeping in. When I got up a while later a bit of a song was playing in my head. Within about 30 minutes the lyrics to my first full song were on paper. I called my mom and shared the "rough draft" with her and she loved it. Later I called my cousin Alan and shared it with him. He called me back Tuesday and asked if I could get it recorded in time for the memorial they were planning for Saturday morning in Oklahoma. Well it's a bit of a long story, but my friend Steve Spiceland came through and Thursday and Friday we got a "one shot" no editing or mixing recording done with Steve on guitar, drum machine and keyboards and me singing four part harmony. It's called "You Will" and you can hear it here. Here are the words...

You Will
By Steve Baggett in honor of Uncle Jack Way
Arranged by Steve Baggett and Steve Spiceland

(Chorus)
You will see me on the other side
You will in His love abide
You will always in Him confide
You will, by God you will

Life should be spent in love and service to the Lord
And to the ones He made
Accept His grace and mercy, gifts we can't afford
Live in The Light that just don't fade

Chorus

Take the blessings He gives, spread them to everyone
They're not meant to be held on to
Bring the lost His love, show them The Way home
So they can praise The Lord with you

Chorus

Even as he faded The Light was bright within
His eyes told the story, "I wanna go home with Him"

If I made a list of men I admire most
Uncle Jack is hard to beat
Smile of an angel, spirit of The Holy Ghost
A warm embrace that's oh so sweet

Chorus x 4

You will, by God you will x 3


© 2007 That Way music

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home